The Final Winning Touch!
This may seem like a rather old fashioned and unnecessary thing to do, but you’d be surprised at how much of an impact writing thank you letters after interview can have.
Here are some quick guidelines to help you get it right.
- Interview thank you letters should be written as soon as possible after the interview.
- Ideally they should be in the form of a fairly formal letter. Email has the advantage of being quicker and may also be acceptable, but keep the tone fairly formal.
- Make sure you address your letter accurately, using the correct name and job title of the person who interviewed you.
- Keep it short and to the point. The idea is simply to show you understand everyday courtesies and to remind them of your enthusiasm for the post.
Your thank you letter should include…
- Reiterate your enthusiasm for the job and remind them that you are confident your particular skills will allow you to make a positive contribution.
- Invite them to contact you again if they require any additional information to make their decision.
As you can see, writing thank you letters after interview does not have to be a difficult task and doing so may be just what it takes to tip the balance in your favour and land you the job!
And now read on to discover more successful interview strategies…