by Angela (UK) A year ago I read your webpage and subscribed to your newsletter when the option of...
Career Change Success Stories – and Struggles!
Share the Highs and Lows of
Your Career Journey
Hearing what someone else has done, their successes and their failures, helps make them feel less isolated in their struggle to find a career that will truly satisfy them.
You have probably already read about MY career story, but how about sharing yours? Just click the button to get started.
More about sharing your story
This section on the How To Change Careers website is designed to allow you to do just that – share YOUR career change success stories.
Wherever you are in your career, in a good place or a bad place, there will be other career changers out there who will be helped and encouraged to hear about your story.
So go on, use the box below to tell us about your career, how it has unfolded and where you would like to see it going.
don't worry, that just makes it more real. The stories do not all
have to be successes. We often learn more from things that haven't gone
quite right. Use this space to have a rant and let off steam if you
Other visitors to How To Change Careers will read your story and will be able to comment and possibly give you tips and advice. By posting your story here, you will have a worldwide support community at your fingertips.
Here are a few ideas of the kind of thing you could write about:
- What made you chose your career – was it a planned and conscious choice or did you just fall into it? With hindsight, was it a mistake?
- What do you love about your job and what frustrates you and makes you want to scream (go on, you can let off steam here!)
- What kind of career do you dream about and how far have you got in making the switch?
- What questions do you have that other career changers may be able to help you with?
- What is getting in the way of you changing career direction?
- If you could live your life 5 times over, what careers would you choose?
- If you have changed career, what advice would you give to others who are trying to take that bold step?
- Celebrate your success! If you have just got a new job, tell us how it's going.
I hope these give you a few ideas, bit feel free to take a different angle if you want!
This is your space to share. There is a great How To Change Careers community out there (there are visitors from over 130 countries), keen to hear your career change success stories and ready to give you support and encouragement. So go on, put finger to keyboard and tell the world!
More Career Change Success Stories
by Alex Gurney (Orpington, Kent) I was a legal secretary and had come out of A levels straight into...
by Maria Ramil (Sydenham (London) Maria Ramil, Photographer I always loved photography as a hobby...
by Rachel Davies (Wales) Although I was taught at school that having a career was important –...
by Geoff Hansell (Morrisville, PA) Geoff Hansell “When you stare into the abyss the abyss...
by Nicola Knight (Snodland, Kent) Hi, my name is Nicola Knight and I am a 22 year old with a big...
by John Coupland (Bromley, Kent, UK) John Coupland So there I was, sitting in my dining room with...
by Pamela Ibanez (Rochester, Kent, UK) Pamela Ibanez, Arbonne Independent Consultant I always...